Our bodies need various nutrients to perform at the optimum levels. These include a healthy blend of polyunsaturated fatty acids called Omega 3 which provide great health benefits especially to our cardiovascular systems.
Research unveils that Eskimos and fishermen who eat a large amount of fish have fewer heart problems and risks associated with diabetes, high blood pressure and cancer than those whose diet contains a high consumption of red meat. The reason for this is the consumption of fatty acids contained in cold water fish and other marine animals. Oily fish such as anchovies, salmon, sardines and mackerel contain active Omega 3 fats.
When combined together, Omega 3 and Omega 9 (Oleic acid from Olive Oil), provide wonderful therapeutic properties. Benefits of adding these fatty acids in our diet includes the following:
- It lowers blood pressure which is a major risk for heart attacks and stroke.
- It reduces the tendency for blood platelets to stick together, which can lead to formation of blood clots.
- It repairs the damage due to lack of oxygen in body tissues
- It reduces cholesterol in blood and prevents it from depositing on the arterial walls.
- It reduces the level of triglycerides in the blood ( fats that are strongly implicated in obesity and heart attacks, strokes)
- It reduces the risk of thrombosis.
- Eases the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome
- Slows the advance of multiple sclerosis
- Slows the effects from the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Slows the growth of cancerous tumors
- Increases the mobility of blood cells
- Prevents the development of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Helps combat skin disorders like Psoriasis and Eczema
The New and improved Forever Arctic Sea now contains a proprietary blend of DHA – rich Calamari Oil, ultra pure Omega 3 Fish Oil and High Oleic Olive Oil. This unique blend provides not only 33% more DHA per day, but creates the perfect balance of DHA and EPA for optimal health and wellness.
DHA Omega 3 is naturally found through out the body and is most abundant in the brain, eyes and heart. Just as calcium is essential for building strong bones, DHA ensures that the cells in the brain, retina, heart and other parts of the nervous system develop and function properly throughout all stages of life. This means that Omega 3 can also be consumed by children to boost their growth, development and immunity.
“Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” ~Josh Billings