As the main organ of detoxification, a well functioning liver is essential if you want to feel great, energetic and slow aging process as well. Most of the allergies, inflammatory or metabolic disorders can be traced to an impaired liver functioning. These include eczema, asthma, chronic fatigue, recurring infections, inflammatory bowels disorders, rheumatoid arthritis and hormonal imbalance. In addition the brain can also be affected if the liver isn’t detoxifying effectively leading to autism, anxiety, depression, memory loss to name few.
The liver deals with toxins from the food you eat, the air you breathe, pretty much anything that goes into the body involving processes of breaking down substances, building up others or turning one thing to another. For example making energy, digesting food and rebuilding tissues all generate toxins. To perform effectively, the liver requires an adequate supply of nutrients; antioxidants such as Vitamins A, C and E, foods with sulphur like onions, garlic and leeks and cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, kale and cabbage.
Poor detoxification leads to serious inflammation in the body. This condition simply means the toxic load has overpowered the body system and is mostly accompanied with pain and irritation. Whilst most people resolve to take drugs to ease the pain, the drugs only deal with symptoms and not the cause. Most of these steroids, pain killers and antibiotics actually aggravate the body toxicity levels.
Below are key questions to assess ones’s self and find out whether it is time to do detoxification for proper functioning of the body:
- Do you often suffer from headaches or migraine?
- Do you sometimes have watery or itchy eyes or swollen, red or sticky eyelids?
- Do you have dark circles under your eyes?
- Do you sometimes have itchy ears, earache, ear infections, drainage from ears or ringing in the ears?
- Do you often suffer from excessive mucus, a stuffy nose or sinus problems?
- Do you suffer from acne, skin rashes or hives?
- Do you sweat a lot and have a strong body odour?
- Do you sometimes have joint or muscle aches or pains?
- Do you find it hard to lose weight?
- Do you often suffer from frequent or urgent urination?
- Do you suffer from nausea or vomiting?
- Do you often have a bitter taste in your mouth or a furry tongue?
- Do you have a strong reaction to alcohol?
- Do you suffer from bloating?
- Does coffee leave you feeling jittery or unwell?
Based on the questions above, how many have you answered yes already?
Send your score here for feedback and free consultation.